4 DESSERT RECIPES FOR THE COFFEE LOVERS IN YOUR LIFE
Luckily, adding coffee to a dessert doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Here are four simple recipes for coffee flavored desserts that are perfect for the coffee lover in everyone’s life. These recipes are also easy to make, so it will only look like you spent all day in the kitchen!
- Coffee Crème Brulée
- Italian Affogato
- Cappuccino Swirl Fudge
Tiramisu is a popular Italian dessert. It traditionally features a sponge cake soaked in coffee, layered with mascarpone cheese, and topped with cocoa powder or espresso. There are many variations of this recipe, and each one has its own unique flavors. This classic tiramisu recipe is rich and filling, while still being light enough to enjoy on any occasion.
- 1 ½ cups of whipped cream
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of espresso
- 8-ounce container of mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons of coffee liqueur
- Cocoa powder
- 1 packet of ladyfingers
- Combine espresso and coffee liqueur in shallow bowl.
- Add whipped cream to a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed.
- Slowly add sugar and vanilla, then continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in mascarpone cheese and mix well.
- Dip each ladyfinger in the espresso mixture and place them in an 8×8″pan. Repeat until bottom layer is complete.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture on top of ladyfingers.
- Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers dipped in espresso mixture.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture on top.
- Dust cocoa powder on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
2. COFFEE CRÈME BRULÉE
Crème brulée is a traditional French dessert that we’ve given a modern twist by adding coffee. This recipe uses instant coffee, giving this dessert an intense flavor that is sure to please any palate. Crème brulée is traditionally made by pouring a layer of cream into a dish and then topping it with sugar. Sugar is sprinkled over the top before it is heated in the oven until it becomes caramelized.
This recipe replaces the cream with evaporated milk for a healthier version. And instead of hot water, use instant coffee to create a delicious custard-like texture inside the dish while retaining its crunchy, sugary top.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 5 tsp corn flour
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of sugar with the egg yolks, evaporated milk, corn flour and instant coffee. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stopping every 2 minutes to stir.
- When the mixture is thick and smooth, divide it between the four ramekins.
- Cover with cling film, gently pressing it down so that it touches the tops of the puddings, and place in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to set.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle remaining sugar over ramekins.
- Carefully heat a metal spoon over an open flame and press down over the sugar coating. The sugar will melt and turn a golden color as it crisps up.
3. EASY ITALIAN AFFOGATO
If you’ve never heard of affogato, then you’re in for a cool treat. Affogato, meaning “drowned” in Italian, is a popular Italian dessert that consists of espresso poured over ice cream. Once the espresso melts the ice cream, it becomes an indulgent treat. The best part about this recipe is that you can make it your own by adding any flavor of ice cream you want and topping it with whipped cream, a sprinkling of cinnamon, or crushed cookies.
This recipe takes less than five minutes to make and will yield one serving. So grab your favorite flavor of ice cream, and let’s get started.
- Ice cream flavor of your choice
- 1 shot espresso
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, optional
- Add a scoop of ice cream into a glass.
- Pour a shot of espresso over the ice cream.
- Finish it off with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or whatever you’re in the mood to enjoy.
4. CAPPUCCINO SWIRL FUDGE
Cappuccino swirl is a twist on classic fudge. It’s made with chocolate, condensed milk, and the magic ingredient, instant coffee. This fudge tastes excellent right out of the fridge or at room temperature. It’s perfect as a treat after dinner or as a midday sweet treat.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups of white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3 oz. milk chocolate
- Wax paper
- Pour 3/4 of the can of condensed milk into a mixing bowl.
- Add the instant coffee and stir.
- Using a double broiler, melt the white chocolate.
- Once melted, add the condensed milk mixture and stir until everything is mixed.
- Spread the mixture into a square baking dish lined with wax paper.
- For the swirl, melt the milk chocolate using a double broiler.
- Add the remaining condensed milk and mix.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the dark mixture onto the white chocolate mixture.
- Use a knife or fork to create swirls.
- Place it in the fridge overnight to set.
These delicious coffee flavored desserts are perfect for adding some extra coffee into your day. Whether you’re cooking with coffee for a visitor, for the coffee lover in your life, or for yourself, you can’t go wrong with these delicious recipes.